As an instructor, working with students from different majors and intellectual backgrounds has been highly energizing for me. Not only did it allow me to share my enthusiasm for the study of language from a variety of perspectives; it also led me to think more clearly about my own research and ideas, contributing to sparking my interest in pursuing a career as a linguist.
For this reason, I am determined to find new opportunities to teach and mentor in a variety of capabilities. By the same token, I continually strive to refine my pedagogical and professional skills through the support and support from dedicated institutions and programs, such as the Center for Teaching at the University of Chicago.
At the University of Konstanz:
- Fall 2017 (forthcoming) Instructor. Lanuage in Culture and Society. (for BA students)
- Summer 2017 (forthcoming) Instructor. Intensification: between logic, discourse and social meaning. European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information (ESSLLI). Co-designed with Yaron McNabb.
- Spring 2017 Instructor. Semantics I (for BA students.)
At the University of Chicago:
- Spring 2015 Instructor. Introduction to Linguistics (LING 20001).
- Spring 2014 Teaching Assistant. Introduction to Linguistics (LING 20001). Instructor: Tim Grinsell
- Fall 2013 Teaching Assistant. Semantics and Pragmatics (LING 20301). Instructor: Peter Klecha
- Fall 2012 Teaching Assistant. Introduction to Syntax (LING 20201). Instructor: Karlos Arregi
Teaching training and pedagogy
- Spring 2016 Certificate in University Teaching. University of Chicago Center for Teaching
- Fall 2015. Linguistics Pedagogy (LIN 4800)
- Spring 2014 University of Chicago Writing Program Training: Pedagogies of Writing.